History of Our School


Mr.A.V.Stephen Vedamuthu was the founder of the school. He was born in a village named Subramaniyapuram, which is 15 km far away from Puliangudi. He wanted to help the backward and schedule caste poor children living in and around. At that period, Education was refused to the backward community people. He sold all his properties and moved to Puliangudi and established a primary school named by “thinnai pallikoodam” in 1919. He and his wife smt.Sivagamiammal were the first teachers of the school. He admitted all community children and gave free education to them. It was named then as A.V.S. Nadar Higher Elementary School.

Then it was upgraded into AVS.Middle School in 1961 with the help of then M.L.A Sri.RSK.Pandian. Sri RSK Pandian brought the matter to the knowledge of then CM of Tamilnadu, Sri.Kamaraj. Sri.Kamaraj ordered to grant recognition to our middle school.

Then in 1991,by our Hon’ble Correspondent Smt.S.Sornamani Varadharajan has upgraded the school into AVS.High School with classes’ up to Xth standards. At that time, Alangulam then MLA Sri.SS.Ramasubbu (Present Tirunelveli MP)  had come forward to help us and met the then Education Minister Sri.Aranganayagam and got recognition.

For the past 21 years, we have secured 100% result in the SSLC examinations continuously and one of our Student Chandrasekar has secured 470 Marks out of 500 in 1997 march and was placed  Sivagiri taluk first. Then in 2010 March one of our Student named M.Ramya secured 493 marks out of 500 and got State 3rd rank. In the Same year, an another student named Gopi Krishnan secured 99 marks out of 100 in English subject and got state first rank in that particular subject.

In 2013, our Hon’ble Vasudevanallur MLA Shri.Dr.Duraiappa has granted 15 lakhs funds to build 2 class rooms and 8 Toilet facilities for girls.

We always grateful to all the people who extended/extends their supportive hand towards us and especially to Sri.Kamaraj, Sri. RSK.Pandian, Sri.SS.Ramasubbu and to Shri.Dr.Duraiappa.